Collection databases of libraries
- Lumme online library (In Finnish) – Search Lumme libraries collection database, make reservations and renew your loans.
- Frank – Multi search of Finnish public libraries collection databases.
- Kaakkuri (In Finnish) – Multi search of South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (Xamk), Mikkeli University Consortium and Maritime Centre Vellamo collection databases.
- Finna – Collections of Finnish museums, libraries and archives.
- Melinda – Metadatabase of libraries (collection informations of special-, university- and universities of applied sciences’ libraries).
- Arto – Article references of Finnish scientific and professional journals.
- Google scholar – Search engine for scientific articles. Some articles might be restricted.
- ePress – WORKS ONLY WITHIN LIBRARY’S NETWORK. Finnish local- and provincial newspapers in digital form.
- eMagz – WORKS ONLY WITHIN LIBRARY’S NETWORK. Finnish magazines.
- PressReader – WORKS ONLY WITHIN LIBRARY’S NETWORK. Newspapers and magazines from around the world: Over 6000 magazines from 100 countries and about 60 different languages.
- Online newspapers – Digital editions of different newspapers from around the world. Thousands of newspapers which can be searched by continent and country.
- Journal.fi – Finnish scientific journals and annals. Service is administrated by the Federation of Finnish Learned Societies. Articles are publicly available, although some of them are available in delay.
E-books and e-dictionaries
- Ellibs e-book service – WORKS WITH A LIBRARY CARD. Electronic books acquired by Lumme libraries. The collection contains books for adults, children and adolescents. Includes audiobooks.
- Kirjastot.fi e-library – Public library e-book collections and open access e-books. To be able to use library e-books, one must be a customer of the library in question.
- RedFox Pro – WORKS WITH A LOGIN. Finland’s largest dictionary that contains over 24.1 million keywords, 41 languages and a translation memory of 23 million sentence pairs. Also includes language teaching and grammar materials in eight different languages. You can use it remotely with login details available at the library.
- New Dictionary of Modern Finnish – A dictionary of standard Finnish language constructed at the Institute for the Languages of Finland. The dictionary has over 100,000 words.
Musical materials and movies
- Naxos Music Library – WORKS WITH A LIBRARY CARD. A listening service containing over 100,000 titles of classical music CD recordings. Also contains other music genres.
- Naxos Music Library Jazz – WORKS WITH A LIBRARY CARD. A listening service with over 17,000 titles of jazz music CD recordings.
- Naxos Music Library World – WORKS WITH A LIBRARY CARD. A listening service with approximately 11,500 titles of world music CD recordings. The collection has music from more than 1,500 cultural groups.
- Viola – Finnish national discography and national bibliography of sheet music. Contains information about Finnish audio recordings and sheet music.
- Fono.fi (In Finnish) – Information about audio records acquired to the Yleisradio audio record archive since 1974. Also includes older materials.
- Musiikkikirjastot.fi (In Finnish) – Music libraries’ tips, events and latest news as well as links to musical information retrieval channels, content and other online services.
- Viddla – Library services’ movie service with a selection of 284 movies. You can watch movies as live stream with the Viddla service. The display device can be for example a TV with internet connection, a tablet, or a smartphone. To enter the service at viddla.fi, you log in with your library card number and its PIN code. The Viddla service only accepts numerical PIN codes. Each customer is allowed to watch a maximum of 2 movies per month. Chrome is recommended as browser.
Digital full-text materials
- Digi – Digitised materials of the National Library – Finnish newspapers published between 1771 and 1929, digitised by the National Library. The service also contains magazines and ephemera.
- Doria – A publication archive maintained by the National Library that includes content produced by several organisations; for example, publications and theses from Statistics Finland.
- EEBO – Early English Books Online – WORKS ONLY WITHIN LIBRARY’S NETWORK. English literature from the years 1470 to 1700
- ECCO – Eighteenth Century Collection online – WORKS ONLY WITHIN LIBRARY’S NETWORK. English literature from the 1700s.
- Theseus – Online theses and publications of universities of applied sciences.
- Duodecim – Terveyskirjasto – Sitra, the Finnish Medical Society Duodecim and Veikkaus offer the Terveyskirjasto database for everyone in Finland
- Fennica – Finnish national bibliography. Contains information about Finnish language literature published in Finland.
- Finlex – A public free-of-charge internet service of legal materials owned by the Ministry of Justice.
- Mikkeli SeutuWiki – A continuously updated website containing regional information from the cultural heritage project, the museum and the library.
Tools for information search
- Kirjastot.fi – The gateway to all library services. Contains, among other things, information retrieval services and online services for literature, music, children and youth.
- Makupalat– online information index by topic.
- YKL / Finto – Finnish Public Libraries Classification System.
- UDK – Universal Decimal Classification, which is used by e.g. the Fennica database.
- YSA / Finto – General Finnish Thesaurus.
- Kaunokki / Finto- Fictive literature thesaurus.
- MUSA / Finto – Music thesaurus